Removing Source Tree in Ch 5 [Was Re: problem installing Installing Texinfo-4.0]

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 20 10:02:14 PST 2002

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 12:12:29PM +0100, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> I'd like to renew my suggestion to mail every new subscriber the FAQ on

Didn't I reply to it when you first suggested it? I thought I had...anyways
what I wanted to say at any rate is "good idea I'll get on it".

There are two ways I can do it:

1) send a plain txt file.
2) send a bz2'ed txt file

problem with no #1 is that the faq is about 28 KB. I'm sure that not
everybdoy would appreciate this.

Then again, even if you're on a modem and get say 3 KB/sec it would take
less than 10 seconds to download it.

Yeah and of course if you subscribe to lfs-support you get way more than 28
KB a day in messages. So...I'd say just the plain txt that saves having to
unpack and it might be read right away.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org