Removing Source Tree in Ch 5

Seth W. Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Tue Mar 19 21:45:20 PST 2002

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 02:27:35PM -0500, Seth W. Klein wrote:
> > <snip about including "cd .. && rm -rf <build tree>">
>
> <kershnip>
>
> Secondly I see this just as a desperate attempt to cut down on traffic.

I don't see it as an attempt to cut down on traffic at all. If it
comes up once a week, that's probably three or four messages a week.
Not a big deal.

Theoretically, i suppose cutting down on traffic is the FAQ
maintainer's job. I prefer to think of my job as making the lives
of people, especially those new to the project/subject, as easy
as practical. If people are failing to understand the book, and
that's causing them problems, then i try to find a way to fix it.

> Instead of forcefully rm -rf'ing the source tree I rather try rewrite the
> book a bit to point out these things more clearly.

As i understand it, we've kinda tried that. However, if you think
we can do better, i'm willing. If you get an update made to the
book, i'll rewrite that faq entry.

> But, as always I will give it some thought. I'm not going to make a rash
> decision right now.

It would be good to do something kinda promptly, though. It's an
ongoing problem people are having.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
             Life on the edge? You're taking too much space
       if you're not living hanging from your safty harness rope.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org