Init doesn't start / ID "1" respawn too fast

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 19 20:48:35 PST 2002

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 09:02:33AM +0100, helge.brodersen at berlin.de wrote:
> Does agetty work? Difficult to say. I cannot chroot. The answer is always "Illegal Instruction". But my distribution uses the same glibc as LFS and therefore agetty from the LFS-directory can be started. The login prompt appears.

If you can't chroot than your system isn't going to very much at all. From
what I understand you build the LFS system in another computer, then moved
it to the P90 and in the P90 machine it doesn't work, right? This is
because some software apparently was compiled specifically for your other
computer and when you moved to older hardware it stopped working.

You want to read the cross-compiling hint at
http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/
--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org