New problem compiling glibc-2.2.5 with lfs 3.2

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 19 20:26:17 PST 2002

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 02:14:12AM -0500, Eric wrote:
> I'm running into a problem compiling glibc-2.2.5 under lfs 3.2 with the
> linker.  I've followed all the steps up to this point, but am running into
> issues compiling glibc-2.2.5 (chapter 6).  I'm getting the following error:

Similar problems sometimes arise when you optimize something built in
chapter 5 (most of the times it's either binutils or gcc). Did you override
things like the $CFLAGS variable (ie: set your own values)?

Have you read section 7 in the FAQ?
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#compiling

--
Gerard Beekmans