LFS packages

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 19 20:08:48 PST 2002

Yo,

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 07:44:36PM -0700, Richard Jenniss wrote:
> I notice the ALFS CD thats floating around had little changes into it.

Hrm?  What CD are you referring too?  I know i had an alfs.iso up on
junk.highos.com for a while.  Thou that (and the rest of highos.com) has
been off-line since last August.  It was created by Bryan Dumm, thou i
never got a chance to try it out or anything.  I just had it online as a
few other ppl wanted to grab it from me (Ghovs, Flake, etc).

And that ISO was even old last August, so i'm not sure if we are talking
about the same thing.  Apart from that, there has been no "official
ISO"s or CD created by the LFS Project (and subprojects) apart from the
CDs Gerard sends to those whom request it... at least, not to my
knowledge :)

I'm just talking about what's available on LFS's FTP archive.  They are
all original packages, except they are uncompressed and recompressed so
that we can save a bit of *bandwidth. (considering we have been eating
like 18GB/day latelly :D)

*: http://stats.linuxfromscratch.org/bandwidth/2002/Mar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org