Bash and libncurses

Matthew Blake mattblake at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 19 11:35:59 PST 2002

Ok, so i am a complete newbie using Redmond Linux, and am having problems
following the LFS already!! Can anyone help please?

When i got to the point of installing Bash (and yes i did follow the
instructions exactly -several times to make sure!) i do not have either
of the /usr/lib/libcurses.a and libncurses.a installed on my new lfs
system.

do i need these files on my new LFS system or is it referring to my
Redmond Linux system?

As i don't have them installed that is presumable why the next command
for installing bash didn't work – the ./configure –enable -static etc etc
command and why i get "bash: ./configure: No such file or directory"

So when i install ncurses directory as the manual says, where do i
install it? Is it in the /usr/lib
on my new LFS or somewhere else?

Someone please help me, its doing me head in and i want to get away from
windows!!!

Cheers
Matt