Removing Static Libraries

Carmen cmwck at nospam.yahoo.com
Mon Mar 18 16:16:17 PST 2002

Hi, I'm halfway through chapter 6 of the LFS book and I just have one
question regarding the static libraries which were installed during
chapter 5.  Now that I'm compiling everything with dynamic libraries
instead of static, do I really need the old static libraries lying
around?  Is it safe to remove them to save some space?  If so, what
would be the best way, as i don't think doing a rm *.a on the whole
system sounds like a good idea.
thanks,
-Carmen

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org