spurious 8259a interupt: IRQ7

nick ashkar at subdimension.com
Mon Mar 18 15:47:47 PST 2002

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:34:07 +1100
"doc" <doc256 at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>     Every now and then, at any time while at a console,the following message
> pops up:
>
> spurious 8259a interupt: IRQ7
>
>     From what I've noticed, it seems to only come up once per boot, and only
> in the lfs system. But it seems to come up at any time, like half-way
> through logging in, or an hour after. And as far as I can see there are no
> devices on irq7.
>
>     Thankyou for any help you can offer.
>         doc256 at bigpond.com

i get this same message whenever i boot. basically, from what i understand, this is caused by a device creating an interrupt and then resolving the issue itself before the cpu has a chance to respond. Since the interrupt is unknown it reports a generic interrupt on irq7. as somebody else mentioned, it is harmless except for being annoying to those who want a perfect system :).

nick
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org