Webmin

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Mon Mar 18 11:10:21 PST 2002

Thanks Jesse.

Yeah I think webmin will do OK for most add-on packages like
Apache, Postfix, Samba, etc., but as I noted earlier the
/etc/sysconfig stuff like network interfaces is not directly
supported.  For example try going into the network interfaces
and look at the list of "Interfaces activated at boot time".
You won't see any.

I think I can patch webmin to do more or less the right thing,
but I'm starting to wonder if anyone will care.  It's a bit
like building your own swimming pool and then hiring a service
to maintain it.  :-)

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org