LFS Boot cd easy - mkisofs problem

Christophe Devine devine at debiam.org
Mon Mar 18 08:55:17 PST 2002

Michel Ferreol wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi,

> I am in the process of making a bootable cd of my LFS 3.1 system using
> the boot cd easy hint. All is ok until  the last stage. when making a
> iso image of my
> system i have the following problem:
>
> root # mkisofs -r -lDJLV "LFS" $LFS -b boot/image -c boot/catalog -o
 > /bootlfsiso

You must put $LFS at the end of the line :

# mkisofs -r -lDJLV "LFS" -b boot/image -c boot/catalog -o
/bootlfsiso $LFS

Note: it's a good idea to use ISOLINUX, which loads the kernel much
faster, since it does not use the floppy emulation. Recent versions
also include a workaround for a bug in the common BIOS Award 4.51

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org