LFS Boot cd easy - mkisofs problem

Michel Ferreol MFerreol at grenoble.sema.slb.com
Mon Mar 18 06:34:56 PST 2002

Hi all,
I am in the process of making a bootable cd of my LFS 3.1 system using
the boot cd easy hint. All is ok until  the last stage. when making a
iso image of my
system i have the following problem:

root # mkisofs -r -lDJLV "LFS" $LFS -b boot/image -c boot/catalog -o
/bootlfsiso
Warning: creating filesystem that does not conform to ISO-9660.
mkisofs: No such file or directory. Invalid node - -b
--

I have found in the LFS support archives a thread about this problem ,
but i dont understand the solution (my english is limited), i put a copy

below...

On Friday 05 October 2001 17:53, you wrote:

> i know i have seen that before but i can't remember what i did. i'm
sure
> it was something as easy as 'try the same command again' or 'touch the

> catalog file' but i would not bet on it ;-)

Oops.. 8-0
Uhh. this is the error. its about an invalid node.

Command with output:
---------
root # mkisofs -r -l -D -J -L -V "LFS" /lfscd -b boot/image -c
boot/catalog
-o /iso
Warning: creating filesystem that does not conform to ISO-9660.
mkisofs: No such file or directory. Invalid node - -b
--------

As you can see, I replaced the cdrecord command with an output, but it
doesn't effect the ptogram.

Sorry about the misstake earlier... :-}

Remy

Thanks in advanced for your answer.