CH.6 compil.Glibc-prob

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Mar 17 13:05:50 PST 2002

L.B. wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I did everything like in the 3.1 book until Ch.6. Up to now it seems to
> work. But now after running Glibc install by the recommended commands
> (page 53) I got his message:

You have probably not put your linux headers in place.  Look in
$LFS/usr/include, can you see two directories called linux and asm?

These should have the headers, from the kernel.  Check that when you did
the kernel step in chapter 5, that you copied the headers into the correct
place, ($LFS/usr/include)

> Only i did two things different from the book.
>
> 1. I used linux-2.4.17 instead of 2.4.16

Fine

> 2. I copied the dir linuxthreads (package) into glibc-2.2.4 directory,
> because I didn't find glibc-linuxthreads

You need package glibc-linuxthreads-2.2.4.tar.bz2; you must unpack this
into the glibc-2.2.4 source directory

> I'm an Newbie, so please answer most correctly ;-)

We all were

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org