Strange groff problem

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 17 10:15:34 PST 2002

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 02:14:19AM -0800, lfs-support-bounce at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> Ah man.  Alright, I figure I can do this to all the directories except etc
> amd I correct?
>
> find ./ -type f -exec chmod 640 '{}' ';'
> find ./ -type f -exec chmod 750 '{}' ';' in bin and sbin
> find ./ -type -d -exec chmod 750 '{}' ';'
>
> Am I right?
> What should I do for the etc directories?

it's really hard to say what permissions to use for what directory, it
totally depends on what users are allowed to do.

But one requirement is that users can access the /etc/passwd and /etc/group
file else when you login they can't resolve userid's to usernames, don't
get proper group access and all that.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org