Strange groff problem

Daryll Hofmen daryll
Mon Mar 18 02:07:34 PST 2002

OH @#$%

I have been using a little bash script I made to keep track of all my
installs and it fools around with umasks.  I made sure to have the umask
changed back to 022 before install, but I had it coded umask=022 instead of
umask 022.  I install every single package on my system with umask 027.  God
help me.  Are there any other packages that don't specify their own
permissions?

news:20020317121008.N30027 at gwaihir.linuxfromscratch.org...
lfs-support-bounce at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> > I do have the /usr/share/groff/1.17.2/devps directory and a bunch of
> > contents.  Also, when I su into root, it works, and suing keeps the user
> > path.
> > For one, I am running gcc-3.0.4, might mean something.  Also, when I did
the
> > MAKEDEV, I used the generic-nopty option because I am using /dev/pts.  I
am
> > not exactly sure what /dev/pts is, but I am mounting it in my fstab.
Known