shadow compile error

Franklin R Grove III frg104 at psu.edu
Thu Mar 14 09:46:48 PST 2002

/usr/lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
/usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [useradd] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/packages/shadow-20001016/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/packages/shadow-20001016'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

This error occuring while compiling shadow password suite.  I also received
this error from the sed commands just before ./configure (and they are typed
just as the book says).  sed: -e expression #1, char 40: Unknown option to
's'.  For most of the packages I have been using optimizaions.  Could it be
the sed commands or what?  I have unset CFLAGS while compiling just in case
they were causing the problem but I still received the error.

Frank
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org