Strange groff problem

Daryll Hofmen daryll
Mon Mar 18 01:48:03 PST 2002

I have already tried reinstalling groff plainly and the same problem arises,
got rid of optimization flags and such, same problems.  I tried checking
different environment variables like you said with comm, and made the user
variables the same as the su ones, still didn't work.

And wtf, you were right, all my groff stuff is installed with permisions
750, is it supposed to be like that?  That is right after a fresh install.

Just as an aside, what exactly is /dev/pts?  I can't find any documentation
explaining what exactly it it.

news:20020317121008.N30027 at gwaihir.linuxfromscratch.org...
lfs-support-bounce at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> > I do have the /usr/share/groff/1.17.2/devps directory and a bunch of
> > contents.  Also, when I su into root, it works, and suing keeps the user
> > path.
> > For one, I am running gcc-3.0.4, might mean something.  Also, when I did
the
> > MAKEDEV, I used the generic-nopty option because I am using /dev/pts.  I
am
> > not exactly sure what /dev/pts is, but I am mounting it in my fstab.
Known