Strange groff problem

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 17 09:10:08 PST 2002

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 01:04:41AM -0800, lfs-support-bounce at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> I do have the /usr/share/groff/1.17.2/devps directory and a bunch of
> contents.  Also, when I su into root, it works, and suing keeps the user
> path.
> For one, I am running gcc-3.0.4, might mean something.  Also, when I did the
> MAKEDEV, I used the generic-nopty option because I am using /dev/pts.  I am
> not exactly sure what /dev/pts is, but I am mounting it in my fstab.  Known
> to cause any conflicts?

I use dev/pts too, that's not related to groff.

Run 'export' as user, then when you su to root run 'export' again and
compare the output. Perhaps there's something in root's export that could
explain this.

Try a normal by-the-book groff installation. If it works then, then you at
least know you have to blame your groff setup. If a normal install doens't
work either, then you have to look elsewhere at system settings,
permissions to directories with groff files, etc.

Hm you may check permissions first before doing an installation.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org