Log installed files

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 17 08:34:02 PST 2002

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 04:54:37PM +0100, Oliver Brakmann wrote:
> Can I keep my old install-log log files with log-install/pkginst
> or do they log things differently?
> If so, is there an easy way to convert the log files?

Log file format is the same. The format is like this:

	full path to file or directory added during this
	installation seperated by white space.

'white space' can be a simple space, or start on a new line. If you specify
that this log is from a chapter 5 installation it'll make sure that every
file is statically linked (well the binaries of course). If not chapter 5,
then for now it'll just check if every file is present. There's no test to
see if the programs actually work. That's more for 'make test' things if a
package contains it. We may do something with that in the future, but not
for the moment.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org