boot up failure [loading lfs ............] -> automatic restart my computer

LinuxFromScratch gordonwkfhk at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 16 19:26:00 PST 2002

Dear Sir
   I read lfs.book 3.2
   I got the same problem as previous email.
    start PC:

    automatic restart my computer

    I did compile my kernel with the defaultconfig, sine I don't know how to
config my Kernel
    I also did copy my kernel from RedHat7.2 to $LFS/boot and I tried to
boot it, but doesn't work.
    The following is my lilo.conf files in RedHat7.2 and fstab in
$LFS/etc/fstab
    Those two may help you to resolve my problem.  I will
/***************** lilo.conf  on RedHat 7.2*********************/
prompt
timeout=50
default=linux
boot=/dev/hdc1
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
message=/boot/message
linear

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.7-10
 label=linux
 initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.7-10.img
 read-only
 root=/dev/hdc1
 append="hdd=ide-scsi"

image=/boot/lfskernel
        label=lsf
        root=/dev/hdc8
        read-only

other=/dev/hda5
 optional
 label=DOS
/***************** End **********************************/
/***************** $LFS/etc/fstab ************************/

/dev/hdc8                        /                 ext2
defaults 1 1
/dev/hdc5                        swap          swap
pri=1   0 0
proc                               /proc           proc
defaults 0 0

Thx
Gordon Wong

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org