boot up failure

malstram at bellsouth.net malstram at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 16 16:04:33 PST 2002

I would believe so because you aren't redoing the lilo.conf file.  you are reconfiguring lilo to recongize your new kernel, as far as I understand it.

Are you able to get into your host system and make changes?  I still have my host system running on its seperate partition so that if I have any problems I can go in make changes and pop out.

Another thing would be maybe look up a lilo HOWTO on
linuxdocs.org and maybe load the kernel manually from lilo's
command line, see if it will accept it then.

Cris