Glibc

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sat Mar 16 14:48:49 PST 2002

I've been quiet for a few days, wouldn't like people to think I was
sulking. :-8

I found one significant error, I was installing `grep' to %STATIC/wherever
instead of $STATIC (i.e. $LFS in this context), but it didn't make any
difference. I rebuilt the kernel to plain 2.4.17 (and to my surprise, use
of swap is not noticeably different - of course I'm not doing much beyond
trying to install glibc, I leave the chapter 5 stuff running overnight),
but for some reason not all of the .config options seem to have carried
over, which added more delay. At the end ofthe day, I'm still getting the
original error

./libc.texinfo:106: Next reference to nonexistent node `Introduction'.

Now that the checklfs scripts are out, I'm going to try to include these
in my automated build of chapter 5, to work out where it is going
wrong. Given my current level of scripting knowledge, this will probably
take a few days^H^H^H^Hweeks. I also need to rework the script so that I
can resume if I get sig-11 during any of the packages, but I'm
determined to track down what I'm doing wrong here.

Oh, and the missing symlink for `awk' isn't an error, that's how the book
does it.

/ken

--
pppg_penguin.linux.bogus 2.4.17-jl15-ll 2011.95 BogoMIPS

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org