Log installed files

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 16 08:53:59 PST 2002

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 11:48:07AM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> I'm redoing the scripts. A better copy is at
> ftp.linuxfromscratch.org/misc/pkginst and /misc/pkgdel

If you're subscribed to the lfs-dev list you may may have noticed the
thread about self-diagnostics scripts that I'm currently working on. It's
a package with logfiles you can use to verify your own installation to make
sure you go the same files in the same locations. The package will also
include a log-install script (a more advanced version of the older
/misc/pkginst mentioned above) so you can create your own log files of
installations. I'll throw in the pkgdel script too (after I rewrite it a
bit).

This sounds like a primitive package manager doesn't it? That's exactly
what it is. It's not the most perfect setup but that's done intentionally.
It's very primitive so you can see a working example and then build on it.
Of course the ideal end-goal is that you get inspiration, and write your
own package managing stuff.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org