grep cannot find ifconfig

ira mendell ibm at bestweb.net
Fri Mar 15 17:13:10 PST 2002

Chris Lingard wrote:

> Ira Mendell wrote:
>
> > I get this message as lfs scrolls up during boot up.
> >
> > It appears that net-tools did not install properly.
> >

> Perhaps
>
> > Now that the system is up and running can I go back into chroot and
> > simply recompile  net-tools.
> >
> No it is a script, Chapter 7, configuring the network script makes this
> script (ifconfig.eth0)
>
> Just check what you have done for your network scripts
>
> Chris

I'm not sure if this was the right way to do this but I found that since I
am not using networking I changed the default boot in etc/initab to 2
intead of the default 3.  Now the  'Grep not finding ifcong' is not
there.  However I still see the statment when it scrolls up during
shutdown.  I found the script that is related to.  One day I hope to
figure away around the script.

                     Ira

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org