Small Footprint - Glibc Chapter 6 Resources

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmlx1.wlmcs.com
Fri Mar 15 15:06:40 PST 2002

Hi Folks,

FYI, while running chapter 6 glibc build, with all internationalization,
X windows going with 2 terms and three psuedo-terminals, I ran top. This
was on  my 200MHz Pentium w/64MB RAM.

Swap usage peaked at 92.3MB, ld.so used 77MB, RSS 40MB, LIB 25M. 9 mins.
of CPU time. This ocurred while doing the zh_HK files.

So, like DON et al said, if you have small memory machine, have lots
of swap.

BTW, I always wondered if Linux would use swap larger than RAM. Now
I know.

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org