New Installation

Feingold Josh S Josh.S.Feingold at irs.gov
Fri Mar 15 09:27:56 PST 2002

I would like to create LFS.  Here are the specs I am working with.  Can
someone tell me if this is a feasible plan.

I have a Windows XP system with three partitions.  The first partition (8GB)
holds Windows.  The second partition (8GB) is for program files.  The third
partition (2GB) is empty.

I have a copy of MU Linux that is booted from floppy then runs in RAM.

My idea is to download the needed packages and unzip them on the second
partition.  Then I can use the third partition to build the system.

Am I dreaming?

Thanks,
Josh