XFree86-4.2.0

Franklin R Grove III frg104 at psu.edu
Tue Mar 12 06:50:25 PST 2002

I've got LFS 3.2 working built with Red Hat 7.2.  I'm trying to install
XFree86 4.2.0 with the precompiled binaries for ix86-linux-glibc22.  I've
done sh Xinstall.sh which has unpacked and install the binaries.  Where I'm
having trouble is configuring it.  I've gone through the XFree86-4.1.0 hint
and made the link for /dev/mouse and set up PATH.  When I do XFree86
-configure the mouse is detected, however, it says it cannot load the glide
module, says it could not find libglide2x.so and that I need to create a link
to the library in one of the X directories.  Does anyone know where the
libglide2x.so is or what else I need to install?

Frank
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org