Segmentation fault on "chroot"

jon jon at sunink.com
Fri Mar 15 02:21:07 PST 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:17:12 -0500

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 10:41:48PM +1100, jon wrote:
> > Hmm,
> >
> > So now I have removed all optimizations and reverted to 2.4.17. Same behaviour. I'm stumped.
>
> meaning you removed it from every package that you installed in chapter 5?

Meaning I removed all the "-O3 -march=i586" from my static build scripts and rebuild the static packages .... but that wasn't the problem .... ummm, I meant to update my "create-root-profile" script to create a .bashrc with a ". .bash_profile" line, but guess where it ended up .... in .bash_profile, so I had a nice infinite recursion.

I can add that those optimizations don't cause any problems ... well, for me they didn't.

Sorry for taking up the band-width.

Cheers.
Jonathan Kelly.
Sydney.