shadow 4.02

Jeff mr2323a at comcast.net
Fri Mar 15 02:17:55 PST 2002

I'm going through the cvs 20020311 book and have come to shadow. I've noticed
that the only difference between the new and the lfs3.2 instructions are the
subtraction of these lines:

cp src/useradd.c src/useradd.c.backup &&
sed 's/\(.*\) (nflg || \(.*\))\(.*\)/\1\2\3/' \
   src/useradd.c.backup > src/useradd.c &&

cd /lib &&
mv libshadow.*a /usr/lib &&
ln -sf libshadow.so.0 libshadow.so &&
cd /usr/lib &&
ln -sf ../../lib/libshadow.so &&

cd /usr/share/man/man8 &&
ln -sf vipw.8 vigr.8

Is it safe to assume that I don't need the above instructions in the shadow
hint either? Will changing the login.defs sed command to enable MD5 be enough?
And what about the vigr man link? Is it created automatically now?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org