first time booting into lfs 3.2 on Mandrake 8.1

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmlx1.wlmcs.com
Thu Mar 14 17:58:55 PST 2002

Is your LFS system installed on /dev/hda8? Does a file
system exist there? Did you run MAKEDEV on it? When you
mount /dev/hda8, and type, for example

   ls -l /mnt/lfs/dev/hda8

does it show something like

   brw-rw----   1 root  disk   3,8 May  5  1998 /dev/hda8

If this is _not_ your LFS partition, did you remember to
change lilo.conf to reference the correct hard disk par-
tition for you LFS setup?

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com