Newbie questions

Curtis Haas WonderBoy5150 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 14 11:54:52 PST 2002

If you are talking about 'rc.d' and 'sysconfig', these are directories.
Funny though... these are common folders...your host distro should have
them.

If your search didn't find them then they must not have been extracted.
But let's double check...
Don't run a search. Just go to where you have your source directory trees
placed, then cd to the lfs-bootscripts-1.6 folder and run:
ls -l
This should list those 2 directories (rc.d and sysconfig)

If they're not there do this:
Go to the directory that you stored all your tar-balls that were downloaded
from the LFS site and extract the one called 'lfs-bootscripts-1.6'.
Extract it to your LFS's 'src' partition (/mnt/lfs/usr/src)
Then cd to the lfs-bootscripts-1.6 directory.

I think you should be able to run those commands without error now.

Are you using a GUI or just a terminal?

Curtis