newbie question

Michael Harrington HarringM at michigan.gov
Thu Mar 14 10:01:22 PST 2002

ok..if I fix my $PATH do i need to delete and reinstall glibc????

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 11:40:53AM -0500, Michael Harrington wrote:
> collect2: cannot find 'ld'

This means it can't find the ld program from the binutils package
(which
you installed in chapter 5). Is $PATH set inside chroot? If not, check
your
$LFS/root/.bash_profile and fix it (the book has you create a
.bash_profile
file with a proper $PATH set).

If so, exit chroot and run this:
	ldd /mnt/lfs/usr/bin/ld

Is it statically linked? If not, reinstall Binutils.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org