stuck on chroot

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 14 09:36:50 PST 2002

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 12:16:01AM -0500, Lewi wrote:
> [root at me /root]# cd $LFS &&
> > chroot $LFS /usr/bin/env -i HOME=/root TERM=$TERM /bin/bash --login
> [root at me /lfs]#
>
> and nothing happen like maybe on the book wrote that the bash prompt will changed

Did you read this part on the chroot page:

Note that the bash prompt will contain "I have no name!" This is normal
because Glibc hasn't been installed yet.

You should see a prompt like:
I have no name!:~/root#

If you don't see this, perhaps you didn't create the
$LFS/root/.bash_profile properly as the book suggests (which sets the PS1
variable to make you prompt look like the one shown above).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org