library link (bzip2)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 14 09:31:17 PST 2002

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 03:25:55PM +0100, Erika Pacholleck wrote:
> What reason do we have to additionally link the shared
> in /usr/lib? Would the one in /lib not be found first?

There's also the /usr/bin/ld program (linker from binutils) that uses that
file when compiling something. But yes, /usr/bin/ld will look in /lib as
well, there doens't really have to be a file in /usr/lib but it's
considered clean. Though that's totally subjective, you may find it
appalling.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org