newbie

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 14 09:28:04 PST 2002

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 02:33:58PM +0530, hari_bhr wrote:
> yes
>
> iam maintaining the script
> when ever i reboot iam doing manually export
>
> is this will go smooth if i use a root user

Actually we slightly changed that in the current LFS-3.2 version. Instead
of being root during chapter 5 you create a user called 'lfs' and install
chapter 5 as that user. This way you cannot accidentally overwrite files
from your host distribution if $LFS isn't set properly, or you make a typo
(say you write $LSF by accident)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org