Boot log errors

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 14 09:11:18 PST 2002

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 10:49:28PM -0500, ira mendell wrote:
> As my system boots up I see as it scrolls up there are two items that
> appear to be errors;
> 1) 'Modprobe:modprobe:cant locate module char-maior-10-135  ok
>
>         ....I think this has something to do with the kernel? Is it
> looking for a module thats not there or I misconfigured?

Please see the LFS FAQ at http://linuxfromscratch.org/faq/ this error is in
there, including the solution.

>   2) 'grep:etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.*:no such file or
> directory
>
>       ....ifconfig does not exist. How can I create this file?

See the LFS-Book chapter 7 section about configuring the network script. At
the bottom it gives you an example of how the network-devices/ifconfig*
files should look like.

If you don't have a network card, then remove the network symlink from the
rc3.d directory.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org