About MAKEDEV and devfs

Daniel Savard dsavard at cids.ca
Thu Mar 14 07:58:02 PST 2002

I posted a question about devfs and LFS on Fri Mar 08 2002 - 11:39:56
PST.

I'm grateful for the answers. If I understand, I must have a working
system with devfs enabled in order to build a LFS system with devfs.

Since I am using LVM and LVM is not able to switch back and forth from
devfs and non-devfs systems, it stick on the type you used the first
time and my system was non-devfs in first place, I have no way (until
LVM peoples fix this limitation) to build a LFS with devfs enabled.

Thanks for you help,

--
Daniel Savard

Internet: dsavard at cids.ca