findutils not installing correctly

Erika Pacholleck pchllck at nexgo.de
Wed Mar 13 23:42:43 PST 2002

[13.03.02 18:39 -0800] Pete Hodgson <-- :
> I've recently finished a LFS 3.0 build. It's all going swimmingly, apart
> from updatedb/locate etc. not working. when I run updatedb it complains
> about not being able to find frcode. Sure enough, it doesn't seem to be
> there. Hmm, I thought, I'll try and make the findutils-4.1 package
> again. But I can't even seem to find anything relating to frcode in the
> package, and it doesn't seem to install anything relating to frcode.

`ls /usr/src/findutils-4.1/locate/`
Makefile.am
Makefile.in
bigram.c
code.c
frcode.c    <----
locate.1
locate.c
locatedb.5
locatedb.h
updatedb.1
updatedb.sh

`whoinstalls frcode` (whoinstalls is a personal script)
findutils-4.1
/usr/sbin/frcode

ends up there by the --libexecdir= option

HTH.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org