Mounting the lfs partition.

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Wed Mar 13 17:31:27 PST 2002

On Wednesday 13 March 2002 22:27, gyuri kerek wrote:
> I am using lfs book 3.0.with glibc 2.2.2on a suse 7.2
> system. I am trying to mount the lfs partition. I get
> the following:					root at linux: mount /dev/hdb7
> /mnt/lfs		root at linux: mount proc /mnt/lfs/proc -t proc
> 	root at linux: cd /mnt/lfs && 			root at linux > chroot
> /mnt/lfs  /usr/bin/env  -i HOME=/root TERM=$TERM
> /bin/bash --login	root at linux:chroot: cannot execute
> /usr/bin/env:no such file or directory
> root at linux:/mnt/lfs:					In spite of this I have
> decided to see if I could install glibc.After entering
> the installation script I get,					root at linux:mknod:
> '/dev/null':file exists.  Gyuri .

You're mail is very badly formatted, but I'll try to answer your
question anyway. You really shouldn't try to install glibc from outside
of chroot since this will overwrite your host-distro's glibc. The error
from /usr/bin/env referrs to $LFS/usr/bin/env. Does it exist? Is it
statically linked? Check with ldd $LFS/usr/bin/env. If it lists some
libraries you'll have to reinstall sh-utils statically from chapter 5.
Make sure you type the commands exactly as in the book, copy and paste
to rule out typo's (it's more common than you think! :)

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org