kernel immediately reboots before uncompressing

Lord Xarph forums at xarph.net
Wed Mar 13 13:49:17 PST 2002

I created an lfs root using the directions from lfs book 3.2rc2 (3.2 final
was not released until midway through the creation process). I compiled my
kernel, installed it on both the lfs root and the host system (redhat 7.1),
updated lilo, and when I select the lfs kernel from the host lilo, it
reboots after 'loading lfs.......' but before Uncompressing kernel. I get no
error messages (obviously), and klog is still empty. any ideas? I tried
compiling a zImage instead of bzImage, but the kernel is too large.

-Tod Weitzel

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org