Compiling perl

David thunderbolt01 at netscape.net
Wed Mar 13 12:26:18 PST 2002

Hi All,

While trying to compile Perl as in the 3.2 book I ran into a problem. It
failed with a message which started with this. Sorry don't remember the
whole message.

   Executable pod/pod2man

I think the fix for it is in the "hints/linux.sh" file and can be
corrected by changing the configure like this.

In book now.

   ./configure --prefix=/usr  " and so on"

Fix:

   CC=gcc ./configure --prefix=/usr

By changing this I was able to compile and install Perl.

Registered with the Linux Counter.  http://counter.li.org
ID # 123538

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org