Glibc - swap is not my problem

Don Smith midio at att.net
Wed Mar 13 07:39:46 PST 2002

"Ken Moffat" <ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.21.0203122039210.19257-100000 at pppg_penguin.linux.bogus..
.
<snip>

> I'm starting to think about converting a 24Mb laptop of mine one of
these
> days (once I learn how to build current LFS properly). I'm dubious
whether
> it will have enough power to run 2.4 kernels, so good luck with 32Mb.
>
> Ken

I did not have any problems running plain vanilla LFS 3.1 on my 24MB
(128MB swap) 486 system. I even compiled X 4.1.0 on it. The only time it
got ridiculously slow was when I tried to compile a large package that
was implemented mostly with C++ templates. But it eventually finished
even that task.

Don

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org