glibc build problem continued...

Mark Binns mbinns at compsoc.man.ac.uk
Wed Mar 13 03:11:49 PST 2002

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 12:52:11PM +0000, Mark Binns wrote:
> > checking whether we are using GNU C... no
> > configure: error: GNU libc must be compiled using GNU CC
> > I have no name!:/usr/src/glibc-build#
> >
> > It seems to be the same thing again (the cpp0 not being found by cc). I've
>
> Also check if $LFS/usr/bin/egrep is statically linked. See
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#AEN159
>
> I know you said it complained about cpp0 not found, but it may be related
> if egrep didn't run, the rest of the test just got confused.
>
> To see if gcc can find it's files, try this:
>
> touch test.c
> gcc -v test.c
>
> You'll see some output, opening some file like a 'spec' file, trying to run
> 'cpp0' and more of that. Check where gcc is trying to find the files, then
> check if the files actually exist when you're inside chroot.

Thanks. I don't know what I did different this time, but glibc seems to
have got past the configure stage ok. I'm creating a log of the commands I
use this time, so I won't make any silly mistakes again. It must have been
something to do with the gcc install, but I'm sure I missed out the cpp
symlinks and set the prefix to /static/usr as the hint says.

When I've compiled up the 11th March CVS version of the book and it works
ok I'll post the command log and the bits that need modifying in the hint.

Mark

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org