localtime / warning during kernelcompilation

Aulis Telle a.telle at gmx.net
Tue Mar 12 23:03:13 PST 2002

Hi,

> > In the directory /usr/share/zoneinfo/ are only two files (iso3166.tab and
> > zone.tab). During the installation process i haven't noticed any
> > errormessages, that could explain the missing files.
>
> 	echo "cross-compiling = no" > configparms &&

I rebuild Glibc and everything was fine. I noticed, that as I copy-pasted
the from acrobat-reader the '-' in cross-compiling got lost an so glibc does
not recognize it.

> > md5sum: WARNING: 13 of 13 computed checksums did NOT match
> > make[3]: Entering directory /usr/src/linux/drivers/isdn/hisax'
> > make all_targets
> > md5sum: WARNING: 13 of 13 computed checksums did NOT match
> > make[4]: Entering directory /usr/src/linux/drivers/isdn/hisax'
> > [...]
> >
> > What does that mean??
>
> Either a bug in the ISDN drivers, or perhaps somehow related to the way
> Glibc was built.

I don't kown whether it has to do with the glibc or the new kernel (2.4.18)
I downloaded, but this problem seems to be solved too.

Thank you for your hints, now the system is running without any warnings and
errors.

Aulis

Aulis Telle
E-Mail: a.telle at gmx.net