Boot log errors

ira mendell ibm at bestweb.net
Tue Mar 12 19:49:28 PST 2002

As my system boots up I see as it scrolls up there are two items that
appear to be errors;
1) 'Modprobe:modprobe:cant locate module char-maior-10-135  ok

        ....I think this has something to do with the kernel? Is it
looking for a module thats not there or I misconfigured?

  2) 'grep:etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.*:no such file or
directory

      ....ifconfig does not exist. How can I create this file?

Thank you for your help and to all others who have previously helped.
So far the system is working fine.  It's really interesting poking
around with it.  I'm not a programmer but I find the scripts a lot
easier to understand then say a Redhat dist.

                  Ira

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org