Segmentation fauld on chroot

Sanctus Evanidus evanidus at videotron.ca
Tue Mar 12 19:45:22 PST 2002

"jon" <jon at sunink.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:01:41 -0500
> Sanctus Evanidus <evanidus at videotron.ca> wrote:
>
> > "jon" <jon at sunink.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hmm I get a segmentation fault on chrooting in 3.2.
> > >
> > > I use "-O3 -march=i586" for optimization for just about everything.
> >
> > The problem is caused by these optimizations, try to use -O2 or remove the
> > -march part.
> >

> Never caused a problem before ...

I assume per default that there is no "before" unless if the person say so :)

You could have read the optimization hint and decided to use optimizations
for the first time without knowing if it will cause problems or not with
your system. (which was oviously not your case heh ;)

In many cases, optimizations are the cause sig 11 problems for programs that
usualy work correctly after a sucessful compilation. (I misused my words up
there, should have said "The problem may be caused by...") - Only noticed after
but did not want to send another post only to correct this :)

-Evan
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org