LFS with XFS

craigtw at xtra.co.nz craigtw at xtra.co.nz
Tue Mar 12 19:39:25 PST 2002

><craigtw at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> I know that LFS hasn't got any mention of XFS in the LFS >3.2 handbook but is there any documentation or hints to >get XFS installed on LFS rather than ext2 or ReiserFS.  >Any help would be great.  Cheers.
>
>http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org
>http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/xfs.txt
>
>Did not try it but should be fine
>
>-Evan
>--

Thanks for that.  But what about if you are starting from scratch.  I am using Mandrake 8.1 and will be setting up the partitions using diskdrake, setting the partition types right there and then.  Is it a case of setting up the partition, enabling the appropriate settings in the kernel, and downloading/installing the XFS packages (much the same way as reiserfs(looking at the handbook)).

Is this way of doing it OK or will this create problems.  Cheers.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org