/lfs-packages/conglomeration

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 12 16:36:09 PST 2002

On Mon, 11, Mar, 2002 at 10:39:54PM -0800, Tony Sterrett spoke thus..
> Hi,
> 	What is the purpose of the conglomeration dir on the ftp
> site? Is it for updates? Is there some hint on how to use it?
> I could find it in the books, sorry if its obvious.
> Thanks in advance.
The "files" in the 3.2, 3.1, cvs directories are simply symlinks to the
actual package files in the conglomoration directory.  We do this so
that we only need to keep each file once on the server.  Basically, you
only need to go in there if you are a book editor and/or looking to see
all the packages we have available.

Mark

--
Mark Hymers					BLFS Editor