I cant boot from floppy!?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 12 16:00:43 PST 2002

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 11:12:44PM +0100, Michael Kraul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have maked my lfs-system with alfs 3.2.
> I have a bootfloppy to start my lfs-system
>
> Error message by mounting /proc: "only root can mount proc"

When you're booting the shells run as user root, so this message probably
means you have a missing /etc/passwd file, or the entry for root in that
file is corrupt.

Edit the /etc/passwd file and make sure the root entry is as follows:
	root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org