MD5 Checksums don't match - I've seen it too.

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmlx1.wlmcs.com
Tue Mar 12 11:50:33 PST 2002

Gerard,

Saw the article wherein MD% checksum fail was mentioned.

When I applied an Adaptec aic7xxx patch for 2.4.17, I also saw
the MD5 checksums don't match messages. Based on commentary I'd
deen re GNU patch reliability, I chose to believe it was one of
those that worked OK, but didn't finish the "bookkeeping".

Everything worked alright, system boot, SCSI works, etc.

But thought if you didn't know already this might be a useful
tidbit in some problem investigations.

Bill
billm at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org