localtime / warning during kernelcompilation

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 12 10:21:44 PST 2002

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 05:23:14PM +0100, Aulis Telle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed LFS following the instructions in the LFS-Book version 3.2.
>
> As I reached the point to configure localtime, I had a problem. When I run
> tzselect, I get the following errormessage:
>
> /usr/bin/tzselect: /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Berlin: no such file or
> directory
> /usr/bin/tzselect: time zone files are not set up correctly
>
> In the directory /usr/share/zoneinfo/ are only two files (iso3166.tab and
> zone.tab). During the installation process i haven't noticed any
> errormessages, that could explain the missing files.

	echo "cross-compiling = no" > configparms &&

Perhaps you made a typo while typing that out. Either way, when Glibc
thinks it's being built with a cross-compiler, certain things aren't
installed, such as the /usr/share/zoneinfo files. You'd best reinstall
Glibc (yes you can just install it, it'll overwrite existing files with the
same version, so it won't break anything).

> md5sum: WARNING: 13 of 13 computed checksums did NOT match
> make[3]: Entering directory /usr/src/linux/drivers/isdn/hisax'
> make all_targets
> md5sum: WARNING: 13 of 13 computed checksums did NOT match
> make[4]: Entering directory /usr/src/linux/drivers/isdn/hisax'
> [...]
>
> What does that mean??

Either a bug in the ISDN drivers, or perhaps somehow related to the way
Glibc was built.

That's in the LFS FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#AEN413

Also in the FAQ at: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#AEN73

--